Philippians 4, verse 5 – 7 says:
The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I love the truth that the Word of God presents to us. Such amazing insights into our Lord and how He works.
Consider these notes from the above passage.
- “The Lord is at hand…” – the presence of God is here! God’s presence is with you, now. Therefore…
- “…do not be anxious about anything…” – you don’t have any reason to worry or fear. Remember, God is with you! So instead…
- “…by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving…” – pray and give thanks! When you recognise fear, worry, or anxiety creeping in, stop, arrest those thoughts and use it as an opportunity to thank and pray to God.
- “… let your requests be made known to God…” – Pray for your needs, not because God doesn’t know them, but because He wants you to lay the burden of them down at His feet. Get those needs before Him! And then…
- “…the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” – Wow, what a promise! Peace, the likes of which you can’t comprehend, will protect you from the effects of worry, anxiety and fear. The link to this is prayer; God active in our prayer.
- Meditate on this passage, allowing it’s truth to soak into your heart and mind.
- In prayer, give each worry and fear to the Father whose presence is with you.
- Receive the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding in Christ Jesus.