Deuteronomy Chapter 7 verses 21-23 says:
21 You shall not be in dread of them, for the Lord your God is in your midst, a great and awesome God. 22 The Lord your God will clear away these nations before you little by little. You may not make an end of them at once, lest the wild beasts grow too numerous for you. 23 But the Lord your God will give them over to you and throw them into great confusion, until they are destroyed.
God’ plan for you to take possession of the promised land He has given you is not to possess it over night or even in a day. Rather we possess it “little by little”.
Whilst we love the “suddenly”s of the Lord, the truth is victory and the promises of God are attained “little by little”.
- One aspect of character at a time
- One family member at a time
- One financial breakthrough at a time
One step at a time, little by little, we walk in the promises of God more and more. Contrary to our schedule, God is not in a hurry. He works according to His pace and plan and it is a wise Christian who comes to realise that.
Why does God give us the victory “little by little”?
- It is as much the process as the outcome that counts – Like Enoch, God wants to walk with Him. And when we walk with Him we are changed to become more like Him. Little by little we walk with Him, need Him and allow Him to work for us.
- There is always more to God for us to discover – We don’t ever “make it” or “arrive” this side of eternity. As long as we have breath we are all works in progress. Little by little also discover more of WHO God is.
- We are being prepared for Eternity – Taking ground, taking authority, taking up who we are in Christ little by little is preparation for eternity where we will rule and reign with Him.
PRAYER: Father, I choose to walk with you and take ground for you little by little. I resolve to keep walking and stay faithful trusting you to fulfil your word to me. In Jesus name, Amen